Select area

Please select areas on the map to populate your location search box, then click ok.

Amersham Ashford Beaconsfield Burnham Chalfont St Giles Chalfont St Peter Chesham Feltham Flackwell Heath Gerrards Cross Langley Slough Staines Windsor Wraysbury map-background map-amersham map-ashford map-beaconsfield map-burnham map-chesham map-csg map-csp map-feltham map-fh map-gx map-langley map-slough map-staines map-windsor map-wraysbury map-foreground

Residential lettings

Energy Performance Certificate

Since October 2008, it has been a legal requirement for all landlords to provide a valid Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for their property before it can be let. The EPC is then made available free of charge to any prospective tenants. The Frost Partnership can arrange your EPC.

Recent lettings legislation means that from 1st April 2018, landlords of domestic private properties will not be permitted to grant a new tenancy if their property has an EPC rating of band F or G and, from 1 April 2020, they may not continue to let a domestic property with an EPC rating of band F or G. If your property has a rating of F or G talk to The Frost Partnership or email Jeremy Fisher, Group Lettings Manager jeremy.fisher@frostlettings.co.uk

What is an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)?

  • The EPC assesses the energy performance of a property by reviewing how the building is constructed, insulated, heated, ventilated and the types of fuel used which contribute to its carbon dioxide emissions.
  • The EPC report will grade your property on how energy efficient it is. Grade "A" represents the most energy efficient property to "G" the least energy efficient property.
  • The report also provides advice on how to improve the energy rating of your property and what rating could be achieved if all the recommendations are implemented.
  • EPCs are valid for 10 years.

Do I need an EPC?

  • If you wish to let a residential building, it is a legal requirement to have an EPC available to show your prospective tenants.

How do I arrange an EPC?

  • EPCs must be carried out by a qualified Domestic Energy Assessor.
  • Once instructed The Frost Partnership can organise an EPC on your property, for a fee.
Contact The Frost Partnership
Request your FREE market appraisal - Value my property to let